Vanilla Butter Cream
9 February 2021
12xcupcakes or 1x9" cake top
1/2 cup butter (cold)
1 + 1/3 cup icing sugar (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp milk or heavy cream
1. In a mixing bowl add cold butter and beat with a paddle attachment till soft scraping down the sides every couple of minutes.
2. Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Slowly add icing sugar to mixer while the mixer is on speed 1 till all the icing sugar has been added.
3. Leave mixer on speed 1 and add in vanilla and milk.
4. Once all the ingredients have been added and mixed scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and turn mixer onto speed 2.
5. Mix butter cream till smooth and fluffy. Do no over mix butter cream.
6. Place butter cream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes or use an off-set spatula and apply butter cream to the top of a 9" cake.